ATYPICAL PRESENTATION: Failure to Thrive
Please note that some of the slides in the video presentation are hard to see.
Please see the PDF below to see details.
Dr. O’Connor continues to present on the atypical presentation seen in acutely ill older adults.
- To provide key identifiable features when presented with the chief c/o of general weakness or failure to thrive and frailty.
- To identify differentiating diagnostics to lead to a diagnosis.
- To provide key interventions needed to address the chief complaint.
- NOT a diagnosis but a cardinal Geriatric Giant alert (includes atypical presentation of infections, diabetes, thyroid
- basic diagnostic workup
- interventions to be started and what follow-up is required
- when to refer to geriatrician