ICEBERG Conceptual Model
This presentation provides practical ways to look at and think about the care of acutely ill older adults. These models were developed by the following CNSs – Marcia Carr (ICEBERG), Valerie Macdonald (MAC); Sandra Whytock (Geriatric Giants’ Vicious Circles)
- To provide a visual and contextual picture by which the ER staff can assure holistic, proactive assessment and care approach for older adults.
- To introduce the ACGNN Geriatric Giants Quick Reference.
- To raise awareness of need to recognize and refer chronic diseases to appropriate services
- The ICEBERG provides the conceptual framework by which all screening and assessment of older adults encompasses.
- The FUNCTIONAL model approach addresses the cardinal indicator in older adults for regaining PTA health status.
- The MAC model provides a proactive way to prevent Geri Giants through anticipatory assessment and management planning.
- Brief overview of CDM model and how it works
need for all components of the HC system to be working together in the assessment and management of CD